With its flavorful broth and spice kick, this Thai Soup is sure to make it to your weekly regimen!
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil or olive oil, divided
- 1.5 red peppers, chunked, divided
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, green parts only, diced
- 1/2 cup diced root ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces rice noodles
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over high heat. Add 1 chunked pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Place mixture in a food processor or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add remaining 1/2 pepper, spring onion, ginger, lemongrass, cumin, and turmeric, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water, almond milk, and pepper-tomato puree. Bring mixture to a boil, keeping it there and stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles, remove from the heat, and allow noodles to soften for 5 minutes.
- To serve, dish broth into bowls and top with noodles.