Dr. Oladapo Michael Babatunde
Dr. Babatunde is Medical Director at City Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. In addition to serving as medical director of City Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, he is an assistant professor at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He was previously Chief of Sports Medicine and Surgery at BronxCare Hospital in New York.
Dr. Babatunde is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with expertise in the surgical treatment and rehabilitation of patients with injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle.
In medical school at the University of Pennsylvania as a Gamble 21st Century full scholarship student, he was awarded grants from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and received awards for his research and academic excellence. Dr. Babatunde continued his orthopaedic surgery training at Columbia University where he published in widely respected academic journals, presented his work internationally, and was awarded a competitive grant by the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF). His academic and research efforts were recognized by the faculty as he was awarded the Frank Stinchfield Research Award at his graduation.
Dr. Babatunde completed his fellowship training in Sports Medicine at Stanford University where he treated elite college athletes and served as an assistant team physician for the San Francisco 49ers.
Dr. Babatunde resides in New York City and is active in healthcare innovation with a focus on the merger of technology and medicine.
Education & Training
- Medical School – University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree – Yale University
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency – Columbia University
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Stanford University
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine
- Assistant Professor at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City
- Arthroscopic Bankart Repair
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Impingement Surgery
- Arthroscopic SLAP Repair
- Arthroscopic Capsular Release
- Biceps Tenodesis Distal Clavicle Excision
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- MPFL Reconstruction, Meniscus Repair
- Partial Meniscectomy, Microfracture
- Deformity Correction
- Osteochondral Transfer Procedures
- Open Reduction Internal Fixation of Upper and Lower Extremity Fractures
- Closed Reduction Percutaneous Treatments
- Closed Treatments with External Fixation
- Closed Treatments with Casting
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy,
- Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) Therapy
- Amniotic Fluid and Membrane Therapy
- Other Cell-Derived Therapies
- Total Shoulder Replacements for Osteoarthritis and Fracture
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacements
- Total Knee Replacements
- Unicondlyar Knee Replacements
- Partial Knee Replacements
- Total Hip Replacements
HAND, ELBOW, AND ANKLE
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Carpal/Cubital Tunnel Release
- Distal Biceps Repair
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Tennis Elbow Treatments
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction
- Ankle Arthroscopy
Fax: (201) 500-9451
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Dr. Babatunde was excellent! Beyond the fact that he was tremendously knowledgeable regarding his field, his bedside manner (along w/his awesome staff) was comforting & confident which put me at ease. He was not desensitized to my situation as many health care practitioners tend to be, and he has another rare quality that is very much so worth mentioning; he did not attempt to “up-sell” me just for the sake of generating greater revenue. I respect that. I will continue to see him for any health issues regarding my rickety knee as long as he is available, and should he relocate I will follow!
I want to start off by simply saying thank you to Dr. Babatunde and his staff. I’d been dealing with chronic knee pain for some time due to meniscus tear which led me to have arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Babatunde and his staff did an amazing job on successful surgery but also prepared me with the knowledge on what to expect before and after surgery. I am truly thankful for all he has done, for not only the preparation and successful procedure but for the compassion and understanding throughout it all. Thank you.
Dr. Babatunde is a wonderful doctor. He performed my surgery last summer on my knee a month before my wedding. While I’m still recovering, I couldn’t be happier with the process and care he gave me. Right before the surgery he kindly talked and calmed my then fiance’s nerves down before I headed in. Each time I have gone into a follow-up appointment he takes his time answering all my questions and makes sure I understand everything before I leave the room. He even makes the extra effort now to ask about the wedding. Highly recommended!
Dr. Babatunde is a very important person in my life. He is the reason why I am walking healthy running and jogging up steps and I am able to help my siblings, mother, and friends. I honestly think Dr. Babatunde is an amazing person and he changes lives.
Babatunde is the man. I appreciate this guy for what he has done for me. Besides being a great surgeon and an awesome orthopedic doctor. He will sit and talk to you and help you whether it is work-related or any documentation that you might need for work. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.