Dr. Mitchell R. Berger
Dr. Mitchell Berger received his A.B. from Cornell University and graduated cum laude, and continued onto SUNY at Buffalo where he received his M.S., and performed laboratory research at the prestigious Roswell Cancer Institute. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Berger did his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, N.Y., and then went on to complete a fellowship in Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
He takes pride in providing individualized care to his patients and personally rounds on all of his patients who are admitted into the hospital. Dr. Berger provides concierge medical care without the extra fees. He and his friendly staff will take the time needed to get to the cause of your problem and work with you to find the best treatment.
He is Board Certified in both internal medicine and medical oncology, and holds professional memberships in The American Medical Association, The Nassau County Medical Society, and The American Society of Clinical Oncology. He is an attending physician at North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Hofstra Universtiy School of Medicine. Dr. Berger opened his practice in 1992 and has been dedicated to providing the best in patient care ever since.
Dr. Berger’s office is conveniently located at 1999 Marcus Avenue, Suite M14, New Hyde Park, N.Y. , and is easily accessible for patients in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties, and other surrounding areas. The office is handicapped accessible and is situated along major bus routes and close to the LIRR. We offer evening and Saturday hours by appointment.
Education & Training
- Cornell University
- SUNY at Buffalo
- Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine at North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- American Medical Association
- Nassau County Medical Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Hofstra Universtiy School of Medicine
- Attending Physician, North Shore University Hospital
- Attending Physician, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Cancer is one of the most feared diseases and is sometimes called “a silent killer,” because in some cases there are no obvious signs or symptoms. Our goal is to prevent cancer rather than have to treat it by performing standard yearly screening tests. If you have a family history of cancer-related diseases, there are a wide variety of genetic tests that can be performed to determine if you or your children may be at higher risk.
- Primary care doctors are your first contact with a healthcare professional. There are various fields within primary care such as internal medicine, gynecology, and pediatrics. Primary care doctors specializing in internal medicine deal with the prevention, diagnosis, management and treatment of a wide variety of adult illnesses using nonsurgical means. Internists undergo extensive clinical training and may also have a sub-specialty, which means they specialize in a specific area of medicine. They may also refer to sub-specialists to help them with a diagnosis and treatment of their patient and coordinate the care recommended by the various specialists . Some of the services a primary care doctor provides include taking a thorough medical history and performing a physical exam. They also administer important in- office tests such as EKGs, blood work, pulmonary function tests, provide a diagnosis, and educate patients about appropriate healthcare choices.
- Dr. Berger is in private practice and is a board certified in both internal medicine and medical oncology. Whether you need a routine check-up, have a health emergency, or a chronic health issue, you can rely on Dr. Berger to provide the care and personalized attention necessary. Dr. Berger is highly qualified to evaluate your condition and recommend the appropriate treatment. With a calm and soothing bedside manner, Dr. Berger takes the time to explain to every patient what is needed to maintain their good health.
Fax: (516) 437-3262
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: By Appointment Only