Dr. Michael E. Gribetz
Dr. Michael E. Gribetz is a board certified Urologist with over 40 years of clinical experience.
He is an attending urologic surgeon at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and an Assistant Clinical Professor at its medical school. Dr. Gribetz’s clinical expertise combines compassionate personalized medical care in a private office setting with state of the art medical testing and surgical procedures, often performed in his in-office certified operating suite, alleviating the stress and anxiety of the hospital experience.
He has been on the cutting edge in performing in his office the minimally invasive Urolift procedure for the treatment of BPH. He is widely acclaimed for providing his patients with state of the art diagnostic tools and treatment alternatives for benign and malignant diseases of the prostate, kidney and bladder. His interests include the management of benign prostatic hypertrophy, prostate cancer sexual dysfunction, kidney stones, urinary incontinence, female urology, and the performance of vasectomies.
Dr. Gribetz has been honored repeatedly by Castle Connolly America’s Best Doctors, New York Times Superdocs, and New York Magazine Best Doctors as well as having been chosen for NY Top Docs.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree – Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency – Montefiore Medical Center
- Urology Residency & Chief Residency – Mount Sinai Medical Center
- American Board of Urology
- Attending Urologist – Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Urology – Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- American Urologic Association
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgery
- American Lithotripsy Society
- NYS Medical Society
- Prostate biopsy
- Seed implantation for Prostate Cancer
- Male and Female Incontinence
- Urodynamics and Urocuff for evaluation of frequency, incontinence and BPH
- Female urology
- Erectile dysfunction and its treatment
- Bipolar TURP/ Transurethral Resection of the Prostate
- Urolift procedure for prostate hypertrophy
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumors
- Laser Lithotripsy-bladder, ureteral and kidney stones
- Male sexual dysfunction
I was very pleased with Dr. Gribetz as a doctor and as a person. He takes the time to explain what he is going to do and I have confidence in him. He is very thorough and is very easy to communicate with him.
Dr. Gribetz is the finest and most compassionate, and with all his brilliance humble doctor I know. How lucky I am to have him as a doctor. The staff is top notch in records, communication, kindness, and follow up. A+
Extremely thorough. Careful listener. Eleven year cancer survivor clearly attributable to his early diagnosis at an extremely aggressive cancer and appropriate guidance as to a course of treatment.
The most caring and gentle physician I have ever seen. I was so nervous and he put me at ease immediately. He was so thorough and I finally found someone who could help me and diagnose my problem.
I was very impressed with Dr. Gribetz. He took the time to get to know me and my concerns. He believes in treating the condition in the least invasive manner.