Oladapo M. Babatunde, MD
Dr. Babatunde is Medical Director at City Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. He has been chosen as a Top Doctor by both patients and surgeons in the New York and New Jersey areas.
In addition to serving as medical director of City Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, he is an assistant professor at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He was previously Chief of Sports Medicine and Surgery at BronxCare Hospital in New York.
Dr. Babatunde is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with expertise in the surgical treatment and rehabilitation of patients with injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle.
He is honored to have been awarded by NY Top Docs and NJ Top Docs for outstanding contributions in the field of orthopaedic surgery. This recognition not only stands as a testament to our continuous striving for excellence but also augments our reputation within the medical community.
In our ongoing efforts to serve you better, we’re thrilled to announce that we offer both in-person and virtual appointments to cater to your needs. Plus, for those visiting us in the office, rest assured that all our procedures utilize state-of-the-art ultrasounds. This ensures precise access to pain areas, allowing for more effective treatments and a faster road to recovery. Your comfort and care are our top priority, experience the difference.
Education & Training
- Dr. Babatunde grew up outside of Boston where he attended high school at Phillips Academy Andover. He went on to play Division 1 Soccer in college at Yale University while majoring in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry.
- In medical school at the University of Pennsylvania as a Gamble 21st Century full scholarship student, he was awarded grants from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and received awards for his research and academic excellence.
- Dr. Babatunde continued his orthopaedic surgery training at Columbia University where he published in widely respected academic journals, presented his work internationally, and was awarded a competitive grant by the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF). His academic and research efforts were recognized by the faculty as he was awarded the Frank Stinchfield Research Award at his graduation.
- Dr. Babatunde completed his fellowship training in Sports Medicine at Stanford University where he treated elite college athletes and served as an assistant team physician for the San Francisco 49ers.
Upper Extremity (Shoulder / Elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Labral Repair (Instabilty/Bankart, SLAP)
- Proximal and Distal Biceps Tendon
- External/Internal Impingement
- AC Joint Arthritis
- Shoulder Replacement
- AC Joint Separation
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Elbow UCL Reconstruction
Lower Extremity (Hip / Knee / Ankle)
- ACL Reconstruction (BTB, Hamstring)
- Meniscus Repair and Transplantation
- Ligament Tears (PCL, MCL, Posterolateral Corner)
- Cartilage Repair and Transplant
- Quadriceps/Patellar Tendon Repair
- MPFL Reconstruction
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Knee Preservation
- Hamstring and Hip Abductor Repair
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM